Bolt runs a season’s best in Zagreb
OLYMPIC champion Usain Bolt ran a season’s best of 9.85 secs in the 100 metres to secure first place in the World Challenge meeting, in Zagreb, last night.
The Jamaican finished well ahead of the chasing pack with world bronze medallist Kim Collins his nearest challenger in 10.01 secs.
The 25-year-old and his training partner, Yohan Blake - the man who Bolt surrenedered his 100 metres world crown to after a false start - will go head to head at the Diamond League meeting in Brussels on Friday.
Blake recently set a new personal best of 9.82s, while Asafa Powell, who missed out on the championships through injury, still holds the fastest time of the year with 9.78. Bolt holds the world record of 9.58 secs.
Bolt’s previous best this season had been 9.88, well off his world record of 9.58.
You may also want to watch:
Great Britain’s Christine Ohuruogu finished fourth in the 400m, clocking 50.85 secs as she looks to regain the form that saw her clinch gold at the 2008 Olympics.
World bronze medallist Andy Turner had to settle for fifth place in the 110m hurdles as Dayron Robles claimed victory in 13 seconds flat.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning