Matchday Live: Quaner’s brace wins it for Town despite late Emmanuel own goal
Ipswich Town take on Bolton Wanderers in the Championship this afternoon (kick-off 3pm).
The clash between the Championship’s bottom two clubs was in danger of being postponed early in the week after the club was not issued a safety certificate for the match due to matchday staff threatening to strike over late pay.
That dispute was eventually resolved on Thursday, before the Trotters issued a statement yesterday to say ‘a critical failure of the stadium’s IT system’ had plunged the game into doubt again.
However, those issues were resolved during the night and the game will go ahead as planned.
Speaking ahead of the game, Ipswich boss Paul Lambert said: “We’ll do everything we can not to finish bottom.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll just go for it, it’s the only way I know. The support don’t want to go all that way just to watch us play 4-4-2 and sit behind the ball or 4-5-1 or only play on the counter-attack.
“That’s alright if we’re playing Man City because you’re doing all you can to keep it down to 10, but I don’t want to go there and sit and wait.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
“We’re playing well and we’re young, we’ve got energy and we’ll just go and do what we’ve always been doing.”
Follow the game with us here.