Booth’s hat-trick paves the way for win
A HAT-TRICK by Ian Booth paved the way for Suffolk Over-50s to defeat the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship Over-50s by 152 runs at Mistley last Wednesday.
Dave Drury scored a century and Colin Walters a half century as Suffolk Over-50s scored 276 for six in the match played at Mistley following the handing over of the keys to the new pavilion.
The Two Counties were 61 for one in reply when Booth wreaked havoc with his hat-trick - and they never recovered as they were dismissed for 124.
Suffolk Over-50s 276 for 6 (D Drury 100, C Walters 52, K Dobson 42no, M Southwell 4 for 47). Two Counties 124 (J Wiseman 37, E Dunkley 28, I Booth 3 for 27, C Scott 2 for 12, K Howlett 2 for 8). Suffolk Over-50s won by 152 runs.
The Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship Over-60s side had got their season off to a winning start the previous day with a five-wicket success in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
They defeated the Norfolk Over-60s side with two overs to spare at Mundford Cricket Club last Tuesday.
Norfolk Over-60s 190 for 6 (M Banham 68no, M Smith 34no, R Abbott 2 for 27, M Hillis 2 for 37). Two Counties Over-60s 194 for 5 (G Penny 49no, D Curtis 47, C Yallop 2 for 18, R Murphy 2 for 27). Two Counties won by 5 wkts.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses