Boss Smith quits at AFC Sudbury
NICKY Smith has quit as manager of AFC Sudbury.
The former Colchester United player’s resignation comes with AFC Sudbury in 17th place in Ryman League Division One North.
AFC Sudbury, who lost 4-0 at leaders Grays Athletic last night, have taken just five points from six league games so far this season.
A statement issued by the club said: “AFC Sudbury regret to announce we have accepted the resignation of First Team Manager Nicky Smith.
“The club thanks Nicky for all his efforts during his time both as a player and during his tenure as manager.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish Nicky all the very best for the future.
“First team assistant manager Chris Tracey will take temporary charge of first team affairs.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies