Bostik Premier preview: Unbeaten Leiston hit the road to face Dorking Wanderers
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leiston play their first game away in the league since their 2-0 victory at Lowestoft Town at the end of August today.
The Blues, still the only step 3 club unbeaten in the country, travel to Dorking Wanderers. Leiston beat Dorking in their first game of the season thanks to a goal from Kyle Hammond.
Midfielder Patrick Brothers, who is on the verge of 300 appearances for the club, said: “We have had a great start to the season, although it’s been a frustrating start for myself personally.
“I’ve been out injured and struggling for fitness for some of it, so I haven’t been in the starting XI every week, but you have to be patient and wait your turn.”
Brothers joined the club in November 2010 from Brantham Athletic and has helped the side to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title (then the Ridgeons Premier Division) in 2011 and the Ryman Division One North title in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
He is now into his sixth season at Step 3 with Leiston.
He added: “On the road, we have some extremely tough fixtures coming up, but we know on our day we can beat anyone home and away.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
“Hopefully most of the squad can stay fit and injury free, and be challenging for the play-offs at the end of April.”
Leiston will be without Kyle Hammond today who’s still injured, but apart from that Glen Driver has a fully fit squad to pick from.
After today’s match, Leiston are away to Tonbridge Angels before hosting Folkestone Invicta next Saturday.
The team, who went 14 league games unbeaten at the start of last season before eventually finishing seventh, then welcome Folkestone Invicta back to Victory Road on the last Saturday of the month in the FA Trophy.
Elsewhere in the Bostik Premier Division today, Lowestoft Town, who gained an excellent 5-0 win at Burgess Hill Town last weekend, host seventh placed Kingstonian, while Needham Market are without a game.
In Bostik North, Mark Morsley’s AFC Sudbury host Romford, while Bury Town entertain Maldon & Tiptree.