Boxer Anthony Ogogo set to return to action in Germany on July 18
- Credit: Jerry Daws
Suffolk Olympian Anthony Ogogo will finally return to the ring on July 18 in Germany.
Ogogo, who won middleweight bronze at London 2012, has been out of action since stopping Wayne Reed last July as he underwent operations on both of his Achilles tendons.
But the unbeaten Lowestoft prospect (7-0) will finally get back to action on the undercard of Arthur Abraham’s WBO super middleweight title defence against Robert Stieglitz at the Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle, live on Sky Sports.
It comes as the 26-year-old announced he had signed a co-promotional deal with one of Europe’s biggest promoting teams last weekend.
Team Sauerland will now promote the Suffolk fighter across Europe, while Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions will continue to work with him in America.
Ogogo said of the move: “I am incredibly excited by this new partnership and cannot wait to get back in the ring.
“I feel privileged to have two of the best promoters in world boxing backing me.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 7 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
“Kalle and Nisse Sauerland are two of the best promoters in the sport and their enthusiasm to help get me to the very top in the sport has been overwhelming.”