Bradley wants to follow in Woody’s footsteps
COLCHESTER United’s latest debutant, Bradley Hamilton, wants to follow in the footsteps of players’ player-of-the-season, Anthony Wordsworth.
Newham-born Hamilton made his senior debut as an 87th minute substitute during Saturday’s 4-2 victory over Tranmere Rovers.
Now the 19-year-old is hoping for another chance at Notts County, on the final day of the season, before targeting regular first-team football next term.
“Saturday was a massive day for me,” enthused Hamilton.
“I had been waiting for my chance, for quite a while, so to get it before the end of the season was great.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a dream, and it’s something I will never forget, making my first-team debut. It’s a day I will remember for the rest of my life.
“I can’t thank the gaffer enough, just for giving me a little shot.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
“Woody (Wordsworth) is one of the lads I look up to. He’s done it himself, coming up through the youth team, so that has to inspire you. I want to try and get where he is.”
Midfielder-cum-defender Hamilton has been with the U’s since under-13 level.