Bradley wants to follow in Woody’s footsteps
COLCHESTER United’s latest debutant, Bradley Hamilton, wants to follow in the footsteps of players’ player-of-the-season, Anthony Wordsworth.
Newham-born Hamilton made his senior debut as an 87th minute substitute during Saturday’s 4-2 victory over Tranmere Rovers.
Now the 19-year-old is hoping for another chance at Notts County, on the final day of the season, before targeting regular first-team football next term.
“Saturday was a massive day for me,” enthused Hamilton.
“I had been waiting for my chance, for quite a while, so to get it before the end of the season was great.
“It’s a dream, and it’s something I will never forget, making my first-team debut. It’s a day I will remember for the rest of my life.
“I can’t thank the gaffer enough, just for giving me a little shot.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 7 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 8 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Man found with 10,000 indecent images escapes jail
“Woody (Wordsworth) is one of the lads I look up to. He’s done it himself, coming up through the youth team, so that has to inspire you. I want to try and get where he is.”
Midfielder-cum-defender Hamilton has been with the U’s since under-13 level.