Braintree 2 IES 2
Division 1NBraintree 2 Ipswich East Suffolk 2There was a confident feel about IES going into the fifth game of the season, with the team hoping that a change in formation would result in a change of fortune.
Braintree 2 Ipswich East Suffolk 2
There was a confident feel about IES going into the fifth game of the season, with the team hoping that a change in formation would result in a change of fortune.
Improved distribution from the back by Amanda Todd and Claire Pearsons, coupled with much improved passing throughout the team produced a bright start for IES.
You may also want to watch:
Hard work from the midfield and forward line resulted in a well-earned penalty corner that Maria Whelan struck and touched on into the goal by Anne Edney.
However, within only a few minutes Braintree got the equaliser.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
The second half saw much of the same play with Shelley Pleasence and captain Linda Rose controlling the battle in midfield.
Another short corner earned IES the lead by a superbly struck shot from Whelan.
Unfortunately for IES, the hard fought win was not to be when Braintree equalised once again, however IES can take heart from a very credible performance.