Braintree suffer another three-figure humbling
LONDON 1 NORTH: North Walsham 118 Braintree 0
BRAINTREE found themselves on the wrong end of an 18-try humbling at the hands of a fast-improving North Walsham side.
Braintree deserve massive credit for just getting 18 players on the coach up to Norfolk after several of their first-team regulars ruled themselves out of selection earlier in the week.
Gary Coote and his management team managed to scrape together an 18-man squad and those that travelled to Norfolk gave their all for the club.
But Braintree were already 26-0 when they lost hooker Daryl Coote and wing Tim Ashford through injury on 22 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts racked up an unassailable 52-0 lead by half-time.
After the break the visitors’ woes continued as they lost number eight Mark Loftus to injury and North Walsham ran in a further ten tries.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case