Braintree Town appoint Jamie Day as their new manager
- Credit: Focus Images
Jamie Day has been appointed the new manager of National League side Braintree Town.
Former Iron boss Danny Cowley left Cressing Road 10 days ago, to become the new manager of Lincoln City, having guided the Essex club to the National League play-offs at his first attempt.
Now Day, the former manager of Welling United and Ebbsfleet, will take charge for the 2016-17 campaign.
Day, aged 36, was a former midfielder who was on the books of Arsenal, before going on to play for the likes of Bournemouth, Dover and Welling United.
He managed Welling from 2009 to 2014, and also had a stint as manager of fellow Kent side Ebbsefleet.
You may also want to watch:
His most recent job was as an assistant manager to Adrian Pennock at Forest Green Rovers.
Both his old club Forest Green, and his new club Braintree, were beaten in the play-offs this month.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon