Braintree Town appoint Jamie Day as their new manager
- Credit: Focus Images
Jamie Day has been appointed the new manager of National League side Braintree Town.
Former Iron boss Danny Cowley left Cressing Road 10 days ago, to become the new manager of Lincoln City, having guided the Essex club to the National League play-offs at his first attempt.
Now Day, the former manager of Welling United and Ebbsfleet, will take charge for the 2016-17 campaign.
Day, aged 36, was a former midfielder who was on the books of Arsenal, before going on to play for the likes of Bournemouth, Dover and Welling United.
He managed Welling from 2009 to 2014, and also had a stint as manager of fellow Kent side Ebbsefleet.
His most recent job was as an assistant manager to Adrian Pennock at Forest Green Rovers.
Both his old club Forest Green, and his new club Braintree, were beaten in the play-offs this month.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking