Braintree Town boss Alan Devonshire looking to gain revenge over Lincoln City in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Braintree Town boss Alan Devonshire is hoping to gain some revenge over Conference Premier rivals Lincoln City as The Iron were drawn against The Imps in the FA Trophy Second Round Proper earlier today.
“It’ll be a tough game for us no doubt but being at home is always nice,” said Devonshire.
“They did the double over us last season so it’s a chance for us to get one back on them and we’re looking forward to it.”
Braintree progressed into the last 32 of the competition after comfortably beating Welling United 3-0 on Saturday.
“I thought we did okay,” confirmed the Braintree boss.
“We took a while to get the second goal but after we got this it was comfortable for us.
“We scored three goals and got a clean sheet so I can’t complain.”
The Essex-based outfit are now just one game off reaching the last 16 in the competition but Devonshire isn’t looking too far ahead just yet.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 5 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 8 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 9 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 10 Man found with 10,000 indecent images escapes jail
He said: “We’re now in the last 32 so you never know but we’ve got to take it slowly.
“Lincoln will be a tough but winnable game.”
The tie is set to be played on December 14 where £6,000 awaits for the winners.