Braintree Town boss Alan Devonshire looking to gain revenge over Lincoln City in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Braintree Town boss Alan Devonshire is hoping to gain some revenge over Conference Premier rivals Lincoln City as The Iron were drawn against The Imps in the FA Trophy Second Round Proper earlier today.
“It’ll be a tough game for us no doubt but being at home is always nice,” said Devonshire.
“They did the double over us last season so it’s a chance for us to get one back on them and we’re looking forward to it.”
Braintree progressed into the last 32 of the competition after comfortably beating Welling United 3-0 on Saturday.
“I thought we did okay,” confirmed the Braintree boss.
“We took a while to get the second goal but after we got this it was comfortable for us.
You may also want to watch:
“We scored three goals and got a clean sheet so I can’t complain.”
The Essex-based outfit are now just one game off reaching the last 16 in the competition but Devonshire isn’t looking too far ahead just yet.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 4 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 5 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
He said: “We’re now in the last 32 so you never know but we’ve got to take it slowly.
“Lincoln will be a tough but winnable game.”
The tie is set to be played on December 14 where £6,000 awaits for the winners.