Braintree Town ease relegation worries with win over Guiseley
- Credit: Archant
Hosts, Braintree Town defeated Guiseley, 2-0, on Good Friday and secured a massive three points in their bid to avoid relegation.
Iron prevailed after an impressive second half display and goals from Jerome Okimo and Michael Cheek.
After a nervy first half, with both sides fighting relegation and chances few and far between, Iron dominated and could have won more comfortably.
The breakthrough came on 57 minutes when Okimo, in his 50th game for the club, met a near post Sam Corne corner and forced the ball home.
The second goal came on 72 minutes when a Chez Isaac free-kick was headed back across by Manny Parry and Cheek finished past Jonathan Maxted.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Hakan Heyrettin said: “We deserved to win and both goals came from set pieces we have worked on during the week,’ he said.
Iron travel to Torquay on Monday.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 A12 fully reopened after serious crash