Braintree winger Andy Yiadom set for Barnet move
BRAINTREE Town winger Andy Yiadom is poised to join League Two outfit Barnet, on Tuesday
The 20-year-old who came on as a substitute during today’s 1-0 home win over nine-man Barrow, has scored seven league goals for the Iron this season.
Out of contract in the summer, he only signed for Town in the summer, having left Hayes & Yeading, but his form looks to have earned him a move to the Football League with Lawrie Sanchez’s side.
Town swooped for Wimbledon midfielder Brendan Kiernan on Friday, on loan, and he started on the right, in place of Yiadom, in today’s game which saw the visitors have Andy Cook sent off after just three minutes, and substitute Joe Jackson dismissed in the dying stages.
Defender Aswad Thomas scored the only goal of the game on 79 minutes despite the ball having looked to have gone out of play.
You may also want to watch:
For reaction from Aswad Thomas and Alan Devonshire on today’s clash, see Monday’s East Anglian Daily Times.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices