Brandan Hanlan returns to Charlton from Colchester United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Brandan Hanlan has returned to his parent club, Charlton Athletic, following his loan stint at Colchester United.
Front-runner Hanlan’s loan deal with the U’s expired after last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Wycombe Wanderers, during which the 20-year-old made his 20th and last appearance for the club as an 82nd minute substitute.
“Brandon (Hanlan) has gone back,” confirmed U’s boss John McGreal following this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Brandon was an important player for us, when we managed to turn our season around. He played a big part in that, but he needs to be playing regularly.
“Do we need a replacement? Possibly. But we are having a look at Junior (Ogedi-Uzokwe), and we have Kurtis (Guthrie) back. Mikael (Mandron) is playing well, and Courtney (Senior) came on and did well last week, so we have other options.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not too much of a concern for us, but we are still out there looking.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk