Brandan Hanlan returns to Charlton from Colchester United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Brandan Hanlan has returned to his parent club, Charlton Athletic, following his loan stint at Colchester United.
Front-runner Hanlan’s loan deal with the U’s expired after last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Wycombe Wanderers, during which the 20-year-old made his 20th and last appearance for the club as an 82nd minute substitute.
“Brandon (Hanlan) has gone back,” confirmed U’s boss John McGreal following this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Brandon was an important player for us, when we managed to turn our season around. He played a big part in that, but he needs to be playing regularly.
“Do we need a replacement? Possibly. But we are having a look at Junior (Ogedi-Uzokwe), and we have Kurtis (Guthrie) back. Mikael (Mandron) is playing well, and Courtney (Senior) came on and did well last week, so we have other options.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not too much of a concern for us, but we are still out there looking.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down