Brandeston: Undefeated school hockey team make national final
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk independent school hockey team is setting its sights on being crowned national champions after winning all seven of its heats in the regional finals.
Brandeston Hall’s under-13s girls’ team has been congratulated on its “remarkable” performance in Redbridge when players scored 16 goals against teams from the east of England, conceding only four.
“It was one of the most complete team performances I had seen from the girls and a pleasure to watch,” said a spokesman for the school.
“They had been training hard prior to the tournament and executed the perfect game plan, game after game. A great amount of admiration and congratulations must go to the girls on this remarkable achievement.”
Brandeston had secured its place in the regional finals back in November and entered the competition in a “confident mood” having completed a number of practice matches against Framlingham College and the boys’ team.
You may also want to watch:
The girls are now preparing for the national finals in May when they hope to emulate the success of the boys who took the title in 2013.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain