Brantham Athletic champing at the bit to get back on pitch, after period of inactivity
Brantham Athletic play their first game in almost a month, on Saturday, when they host Great Yarmouth Town in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Since joint-managers’ Michael Brothers and Matt Carmichael’s first game in charge, the 2-2 draw with Newmarket on January 7, the Imps having had games with Swaffham and Thetford postponed due to the weather.
“It’s been frustrating and I think we have had 10 training sessions since our last game,” said Brothers, who, along with Carmichael, could hand new signing Jack Clampin his debut.
“It’s usually difficult to keep players motivated in that situation, but they have been brilliant, have put a shift in and it has given us a chance to implement a few things we want to do.
Brantham are 10th in the table and face a Bloaters side, sitting in sixth.
You may also want to watch:
“The league is tough anyway, but teams like Newmarket, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston always work hard and have qualities that come with an established Premier Division side.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win