Thurlow Nunn preview: Brantham Athletic could go second
With the top three all involved in the FA Vase, fourth placed Brantham could sit second in the table on Saturday night if they can extend their winning league run to seven games at Saffron Walden.
Their victory over Godmanchester last week gave them breathing space looking down and opportunity looking up! They are currently the division’s in-form side, and will be keen to put a marker down for the top three.
Stowmarket should be too strong for an Ely side who have had a mixed bag of results. They did share the points with Newmarket recently so shouldn’t be disregarded, but the home side look to be getting up a head of steam, unbeaten in seven league games and sitting just one point behind their visitors, with three games in hand.
There’s a big clash at Summer Road where Walsham-le-Willows host Ipswich Wanderers - the visitors are looking for their first win in six, while the Willows have played six without a win themselves so both will be looking to get a positive result from this encounter.
Haverhill Rovers host Kirkley & Pakefield, the home side will be looking to steady themselves after just one win in their last six outings, while Kirkley will feel happy to have collected a midweek draw at Yarmouth after a couple of tough games against the league top two sides, earning a credible draw at home to Coggeshall before their Friday night defeat at home to the league leaders.
You may also want to watch:
Hadleigh ended a four match losing run with an impressive 2-0 win over Haverhill Rovers last week, and have a great opportunity to collect another maximum at basement club Fakenham, who are going through a very difficult period both on and off the pitch.
With just four points from their opening 12 games, the Ghosts have to look back to August for their only win to date, although they won’t want to look too carefully, as they lost 3-0 to their visitors just three days earlier.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
In the other games FC Clacton host Gt Yarmouth, Long Melford travel to Wivenhoe, Haverhill Borough are at Wroxham and Stanway host Histon.