Brantham need win to ease their nerves
FOOTBALL: While Needham Market can take a big step towards the championship of the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League tomorrow with a home win over Woodbridge Town, Brantham’s plight in Division One is such that they need to beat Saffron Walden to ease nerves over their promotion to the top flight.
In the Senior Division of the Kingsley Healthcare SIL, Old Newton, Felixstowe United and Achilles are front runners in a title race that is building up nicely to the boil.
Newton and Felixstowe are both under investigation for off-the-field alleged offences, which may benefit Achilles.
Felixstowe have no game tomorrow with Old Newton and Achilles both facing tough matches against Capel Plough and Crane Sports respectively.
Felixstowe United’s second team has clinched the third promotion place in Intermediate B with Saxmundham entertaining second placed Framlingham Town tomorrow in a game that may go a long way to deciding the title.
You may also want to watch:
Great Blakenham have been promoted from Division Three and they will be joined by AFC Crowley if they beat AFC Brickmakers tomorrow, a result that would condemn their opponents to relegation.
A draw for Walsham A at Bacton last night will have seen them win the Division Four title. Walsham lost their first league match of the season at Sporting Reserves last week.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
Somersham Reserves have been relegated from Division Five and AFC Titans will join them if they fail to beat Coddenham Reserves tomorrow.
In Division Six Cedars Park have become the first team to reach 100 league goals.