Brave Leiston lose out in five-goal thriller
LEISTON’s FA Cup hopes of hosting League Two Port Vale were ended as Dartford ran out deserved winners.
LEISTON’s FA Cup hopes of hosting League Two Port Vale were ended as Dartford ran out deserved 3-2 winners.
Leon Ottley-Gooch late goal brought a flicker of hope to the loyal band of travelling fans but in truth anything but a home win would have been cruel on the attacking endeavour offered by Dartford.
While disappointed with the cup exit, Leiston boss Mark Morsley conceded: “The thing with the FA Cup, when you are a non league side, is that you are always going to lose at some stage. I have always said our priority is the Ridgeons League Premier Division and we must now bounce back starting at Stanway on Saturday.”
Morsley rightly pointed to the fact that his side lost to two defensive mistakes and an own goal from Stuart Boardley in front of more than 1,000 fans at Princes Park.
You may also want to watch:
Boardley scored Leiston’s opener, after Dartford had raced into a two-goal lead.
Picture special in Thursday’s EADT and Evening Star
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival