BREAKING NEWS: Portman Road to host women’s county final for first time
PORTMAN Road is to host the Suffolk FA Women’s Cup final for the first time this season.
The final, between Ipswich Town and Lowestoft Town, will take place on Monday, May 13, kick-off 7pm.
Suffolk FA chief executive Laura Smith said: “I spoke to (Ipswich Town secretary) Sally Webb, who has been very supportive of hosting our finals in the past, about how women’s and girls’ football has taken off across the county, and she said the club would be happy to host the final.
“We are really pleased and I doubt any of the players involved will have played in a stadium the size of Portman Road or at a professional ground before.”
The final will be one of four Suffolk FA finals to be staged at Portman Road this season, the dates of which have now all been confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk Premier Cup, sponsored by John Banks in the Community, between Bury Town and holders Lowestoft Town - a repeat of last year’s final - will be on Tuesday, May 14, kick-off 7pm.
The LB Group Suffolk Senior Cup final, featuring Ipswich Wanderers and holders Whitton United will be on Wednesday, May 8, kick-off 7pm.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
The Suffolk FA Junior Cup, also sponsored by John Banks in the Community, sees Oulton Broad face Waveney and this will take place on Tuesday, April 30, kick-off 7pm.