Brennan Dickenson closing in on a return to Colchester United squad
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Brennan Dickenson is closing in on a long-awaited return to Colchester United’s first team squad, after nine months out with a cruciate ligament injury.
The U’s mammoth trip to Carlisle United this weekend will come just too soon for the influential Dickenson, although the 24-year-old is pencilled in to play for the Under-23s tomorrow night, against Burnley.
Despite being out of action since last April, Dickenson still ended last season as the U’s second joint top scorer, with 12 goals, and he could still play a big part in the final three months of this term, as the U’s target a League Two play-off berth.
“Brennan is running well, and he has trained with the first team today,” explained boss John McGreal.
“We hope that he gets about 70 minutes for the under-23s. He’s coming along really well. I think he has managed his injury particularly well.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking to get him back in the first team soon, but we have to be careful.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'