Brian Wilson officially leaves Colchester United
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne confirmed this morning that skipper Brian Wilson had left the club.
Wilson missed the U’s last game of the season, a 1-0 win at Walsall on Saturday, although he did watch the game with U’s fans in the away end.
Dunne said: “Brian has moved on, although I did try to keep him.
“I understand the difficult situation that he is in, in the financial market.
“There are clubs out there able to pay more than us, and it’s difficult when his family lives in a different part of the country.
You may also want to watch:
“I fully respect Brian. He was my captain and I did try to keep him,” added Dunne.
The U’s boss also confirmed that young keeper Shaun Phillips and midfielder Jordan Sanderson had been released, in addition to veteran striker Clinton Morrison, who revealed that he was leaving the U’s at the end of his two-year contract last week.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire