Brian Wilson set to miss first game of season
BRIAN Wilson has been ever-present this season, but he looks set to miss Colchester United’s home game against Rochdale on Saturday.
Right-back Wilson has started all 29 league games for the U’s, and all their cup fixtures, but he has been laid-low with an illness this week.
U’s boss John Ward, speaking at this morning’s press conference, revealed: “Brian (Wilson) has been unwell this week, and not been able to train.
“So we will have to look at Brian at the last minute, probably Friday.
“He trained on Monday but is not feeling too good at the moment. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he was feeling fine, but he’s come back since and said he is not right.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a young guy with a young family. Children catch things and pass things around. We have a lot of young families around this football club, so we don’t want it (an infection) moving about when the players are in,” added Ward.
If Wilson does miss out, then John White looks set to switch from left-back to right-back, with either Ben Coker or Michael Rose enjoying a recall at left-back.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Both Coker and Rose played for the U’s Reserves in their 4-0 win at Concord Rangers on Wednesday night, in an Essex Senior Cup semi-final tie.
Coker picked up a slight injury but should be fit for Saturday.
Ward confirmed: “Ben Coker picked up a dead leg injury last night, but it’s nothing serious.”