Brighton accept U's offer for Hammond
COLCHESTER United are in talks with Brighton's Dean Hammond after having a fee accepted by Albion.The Blues upped their offer to more than £300,000 and hope to sign the attacking midfielder today.
COLCHESTER United are in talks with Brighton's Dean Hammond after having a fee accepted by Albion.
The Blues upped their offer to more than £300,000 and hope to sign the attacking midfielder today.
Hammond has refused to sign a new deal at the Withdean and was entitled to leave as a free agent in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
U's boss Geraint Williams is still hopeful of further strengthening his squad before the transfer window closes at the end of today. To date, he has signed Chris Coyne (from Luton) and Phil Ifil (from Tottenham), but has missed out on Southend's Adam Barrett, and Walsall's Daniel Fox.
Meanwhile, Ademola Bankole has been recruited as Colchester United's new goalkeeping coach, while Aidan Davison recuperates from an exploratory operation on his troublesome shoulder.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
Former Nigerian keeper Bankole, who featured in the World Cup Finals of 2002, will take Dean Gerken and Mark Cousins under his wing over the next few weeks.
The 38-year-old can draw on bags of experience in English club football with the likes of Crewe, QPR, Brentford and MK Dons.
Davison has been sidelined with a sore shoulder since the 1-0 defeat at Coventry at the end of October. He is currently resting at home.