Brilliant Witches get their season back on track
Berwick 34 Ipswich 56 Agg 76-104
IPSWICH ‘Sackers’ Witches completed a brilliant 48 hours with a second win on the road.
But while the victory at Plymouth on Friday night meant little as Ipswich had already reached the League Cup semi-finals, this win at Berwick to take the team through to the KO Cup semi-finals, was stunning.
Defending just a six-point lead, the Witches answered all their critics as they blew away the opposition in the early stages to lead 20-10 after 5 races to almost have the tie sewn up.
But they didn’t let up and, led by Rohan Tungate (15) and brilliant reserves Mat Tresarrieu (11) and Cameron Heeps (7+2), the Witches were simply superb.
“Don’t think Berwick were rubbish, because they weren’t,” said Witches team manager Pete Simmons.
“Quite simply, we were better, we were brilliant.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
“There were plenty of Ipswich fans here and good for them. And this puts our season back on track big time.
“It’s just what we needed and every rider was excellent.”
See Ipswich Star on Monday for more from Simmo and a full meeting report.