Broadland II 6 Magpies Ladies IV 3
Martin and Acock Norfolk Women’s League
MAGPIES travelled to Taverham to play Broadland in a friendly, their first friendly of the season, and their last before league matches commence next week! With a different looking side to last year, and no goalkeeper, Magpies knew it was going to be a tough game.
However, the away side started well, with encouraging moves into Broadland’s defensive third and some shots on goal, enjoying the majority of possession for the first quarter. It was Broadland, though, that took the early lead, a good pass slicing the Magpies defence leaving an goal open for the shot. Magpies responded well, with Karen Absolon taking up a good position in the D to draw the away side level. Broadland, however, continued to take of advantage of no goalkeeper to beat, and went 3 - 1 up going into half time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Broadland first extend their lead before Absolon got her second goal, making it 4 -2. Karen Hunt at the back for Magpies did a sterling job as the last line of defence with several crucial tackles but Broadland soon made it 6-2, before Kay Dennis pulled one back for Magpies, a sweeping shot into the far corner following a good long corner move.
All things considered, Magpies must be proud of their efforts, a 6-3 loss by no means anything to be disheartened with, allowing for no goalkeeper and a much changed team. Well done to all 12 players involved.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight