Rider Danny Buchan to race for FS-3 Racing Kawasaki in British Superbike Championship
- Credit: Archant
Reigning Pirelli National Superstock 1000 champion Danny Buchan will make a return to the British Superbike Championship in 2018, joining the FS-3 Racing Kawasaki alongside Lee Jackson, who joins the team to fight for honours in the Superstock class, writes Eric O’Brien.
Buchan scored ten race victories this season to secure his second Superstock title crown and is now ready to return to the premier class with Kawasaki.
Buchan, from Burnham on Crouch near Maldon, said: “I’m happy to be going back into the premier class on a bike I know so well and coming off a Championship win is always great.
“I’ve been in this position before so I know what I’m jumping into, but now I’m three years older and three years wiser, so that puts me in a better position.
“I will also be working with Matt Llewellyn as my crew chief, with whom I had a couple of podiums in 2015, so the recipe is good. “We are going to work hard throughout winter to be best prepared come round one.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Nigel and Darren at FS-3 Racing for giving me an opportunity to be back in the Superbike class and thanks to Kawasaki UK and Team Green for adding another year to our already strong relationship, which was formed in 2010!
Team owner Nigel Snook added: “We have two riders who are very capable in their respective classes and we can’t wait to see what they will be able to achieve next year.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
“The British Superbike series is moving from strength to strength and we are excited to be a part of this once again in 2018, contesting not one but two of the premier classes in BSB.”
Ross Burridge, Senior Racing Coordinator at Kawasaki UK said: “Kawasaki and FS-3 Racing are forging a strong relationship, and we are confident they have the structure and passion to succeed.
“Danny and Lee are both great riders and I believe that with the right testing programme, they can run at the front of their respective fields from the outset. Time to get to work guys! Roll on 2018.”