Bull set to join U’s board
COLCHESTER United are set to have a new man on their Board of Directors next season.
U’s owner and chairman Robbie Cowling has invited Kevin Bull to join him in the higher echelons of the club.
Having previously worked for British Gas, Bull – who will join the club subject to Football League ratification – set up Blue Flame Services with fellow Director Tony Schatten in 1987 and remains involved with the day-to-day running of all aspects of the business.
He said: “I am really looking forward to combining my enjoyment of watching football with my interest in business development and spending more time with someone who has been a trusted friend for over 40 years.
“I can only see positive times ahead for Colchester United whilst someone of the calibre of Robbie Cowling is at the helm and when he asked me if I was interested in becoming involved, it was an easy decision.”
Cowling said: “Kevin is a very good friend of mine and we go back a very long way.
“Like myself and my brothers Richard and John, who make up the rest of the Colchester United board, Kevin is a self made man who is passionate about football and passionate about business.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
“Over the years, I have grown to really value and trust Kevin’s opinion on all matters and I feel he will be a great addition to the board.”