Bull set to join U’s board
COLCHESTER United are set to have a new man on their Board of Directors next season.
U’s owner and chairman Robbie Cowling has invited Kevin Bull to join him in the higher echelons of the club.
Having previously worked for British Gas, Bull – who will join the club subject to Football League ratification – set up Blue Flame Services with fellow Director Tony Schatten in 1987 and remains involved with the day-to-day running of all aspects of the business.
He said: “I am really looking forward to combining my enjoyment of watching football with my interest in business development and spending more time with someone who has been a trusted friend for over 40 years.
“I can only see positive times ahead for Colchester United whilst someone of the calibre of Robbie Cowling is at the helm and when he asked me if I was interested in becoming involved, it was an easy decision.”
You may also want to watch:
Cowling said: “Kevin is a very good friend of mine and we go back a very long way.
“Like myself and my brothers Richard and John, who make up the rest of the Colchester United board, Kevin is a self made man who is passionate about football and passionate about business.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
“Over the years, I have grown to really value and trust Kevin’s opinion on all matters and I feel he will be a great addition to the board.”