Bumper weekend of live sport on TV
THERE is an action-packed weekend of sport coming up on the box with action from the Premier League, FA Cup and Championship as well as Premiership Rugby, NFL, golf and snooker.
Starting tonight, Crystal Palace host Derby County in the Championship at Selhurst Park on Sky Sports 1 from 7.30pm. The Rams were defeated 3-1 at West Ham on Saturday, while the Eagles drew a blank in their home stalemate with Millwall.
Elsewhere, the weekend’s FA Cup action kicks off with Fleetwood at home to Yeovil, live on ESPN.
Tomorrow, Newcastle and Chelsea kick-off a fantastic weekend of top-flight football at St James’ Park on Sky Sports 2 (12.45pm). Newcastle are the surprise package of this season, having lost just once in 13 games, while the pressure is on Blues’ boss Andre Villas-Boas after a disappointing start to the season, both domestically and in Europe.
Later on that day, Manchester United travel to Aston Villa in the Premier League, in a game that will be showed live on ESPN from 5pm, while in the Championship, improving Bristol City host Middlesbrough on Sky Sports 2 (5.20pm).
Sunday sees the FA Cup on ITV 1 and AFC Totton will hope to pull off a shock when they entertain struggling League Two side, Bristol Rovers (12.30pm).
Later that day, Sutton United are at home to League One side Notts County, seeking a place in the second round (5pm), while Wolves are at home to Sunderland (Sky Sports 1, 4pm).
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 8 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
If football is not your thing then Sky Sports 2 will be showing action from the PGA Chevron World Challenge. Previous winners of this tournament include Tiger Woods, Padraig Harrington and Luke Donald.
In the NFL, Philadelpia Eagles travel to Seattle Seahawks on Sky Sports 3 tonight (8pm), while on Sunday, the Green Bay Packers go to the New York Giants (Sky Sports 3, 9.15pm).
Elsewhere, Sky Sports 1 will be showing live coverage of the Northern Hemisphere v Southern Hemisphere Rugby Union match, live from Twickenham in aid of Help For Heroes, tomorrow (4pm).
Elsewhere, BBC One and Two will be showing coverage of the UK Snooker Championships both tomorrow and Sunday. Tomorrow’s coverage is on BBC One (1-2pm) and BBC Two (4.30pm-5.30pm) and on Sunday on BBC Two between 2-5.30pm.