Bungay record tense Hambro Cup victory
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29.
By Tony Garnett
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29. Bungay were 11 up after the opening round before Aldeburgh staged a fightback.
Fynn Valley proved too strong for Brett Vale at Witnesham, winning by 28 holes. They will now face Southwold who dominated the afternoon play against Hintlesham in the wind.
Quarter-finals: Bungay 3 Aldeburgh 0, Fynn Valley 28 Brett Vale 0, Ipswich 20 Haverhill 0, Southwold 16 Hintlesham 0.
Semi-finals: Bungay v Ipswich, Fynn Valley v Southwold (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
Tolly Cobbold Cup
Quarter-finals: Bury St Edmunds 4 Gorleston 0, Felixstowe Ferry 4 Haverhill 0, Hintlesham 0 Stoke by Nayland 33, Seckford 6 Flempton 0.
Semi-finals: Bury St Edmunds v Felixstowe Ferry, Stoke by Nayland v Seckford (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).