Bungay record tense Hambro Cup victory
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29.
By Tony Garnett
BUNGAY scored a tense three-hole victory over Aldeburgh to reach the semi-finals of the Hambro Cup when they will meet Ipswich on a neutral venue on July 29. Bungay were 11 up after the opening round before Aldeburgh staged a fightback.
Fynn Valley proved too strong for Brett Vale at Witnesham, winning by 28 holes. They will now face Southwold who dominated the afternoon play against Hintlesham in the wind.
You may also want to watch:
Quarter-finals: Bungay 3 Aldeburgh 0, Fynn Valley 28 Brett Vale 0, Ipswich 20 Haverhill 0, Southwold 16 Hintlesham 0.
Semi-finals: Bungay v Ipswich, Fynn Valley v Southwold (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
Tolly Cobbold Cup
Quarter-finals: Bury St Edmunds 4 Gorleston 0, Felixstowe Ferry 4 Haverhill 0, Hintlesham 0 Stoke by Nayland 33, Seckford 6 Flempton 0.
Semi-finals: Bury St Edmunds v Felixstowe Ferry, Stoke by Nayland v Seckford (to be played on neutral venues on July 29).