Matchday Recap: Town open season with 1-0 win at Burton
Ipswich Town beat Burton Albion 1-0 this afternoon.
Town are playing their first season of third tier football since 1957 and will be looking to get off to a fast start against a side which finished ninth last season.
"You have to win, yes. You have to win games without a doubt," manager Paul Lambert said when asked about the need to build momentum. "The game's all about winning, you have to win.
"There's nothing better in your own career when you're able to look back and say, 'I won X, Y and Z'.
"And when you start to win it becomes a momentum thing. So, that's what we have to get."
You may also want to watch:
You can follow the game live with us right here.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk