Bury and West Suffolk Tennis Tournament celebrates 90th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The annual event, based at Culford School for the last five years, was named Best Tournament in the East of England by the LTA and was highly commended for Tournament of the Year nationally.
This year’s event saw Marco Mitev-Will claim the open men’s singles title with a 6-4, 7-6 win over Jack Jarvis, while Sarah Skaria defeated Catriona Pearson 6-0, 6-3 in the women’s final.
Gary Sumner-Keens and Asa Sumner-Keens won the men’s doubles, with Karen Goodman and Sarah Wells lifting the women’s crown.
Tournament organiser Susan Glasswell said: “The week was hugely successful with a very good entry of more than 215 players from across East Anglia.
“We were absolutely thrilled with the award. The secret of our success is our hard-working volunteers through the years all enjoying what they do and giving a great week of tennis to everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Glasswell also thanked event sponsors for their support - Glasswells, Culford School, Ensors, Greene & Greene, Wild Tracks, Suffolk Marquees and Towergate.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season