Bury bow out of FA Trophy
BURY Town bowed out of the FA Trophy when they lost 3-1 away to Havant & Waterlooville in last night's rearranged first-round contest.Bury had taken the lead after 13 minutes when Sam Reed's chip was headed home by Lee Smith.
BURY Town bowed out of the FA Trophy when they lost 3-1 away to Havant & Waterlooville in last night's rearranged first-round contest.
Bury had taken the lead after 13 minutes when Sam Reed's chip was headed home by Lee Smith. Marcus Garnham then saved well from Gary Holloway following a free kick.
The hosts equalised after 27 minutes when Craig Watkins scored from a quickly-taken free kick before Bury had arranged their defensive wall. Bury missed a great chance to regain the lead when Lee Reed missed a free header at the far post.
In the 48th minute Havant took the lead when Watkins got clear to fire past Garnham. On 56 minutes they scored their third when Watkins again got clear to complete his hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
Only a great save by Garnham prevented Watkins scoring a fourth although Bury fought back and Scriven made a fine save to deny Lee Smith.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton