Bury bow out of FA Trophy
BURY Town bowed out of the FA Trophy when they lost 3-1 away to Havant & Waterlooville in last night's rearranged first-round contest.Bury had taken the lead after 13 minutes when Sam Reed's chip was headed home by Lee Smith.
BURY Town bowed out of the FA Trophy when they lost 3-1 away to Havant & Waterlooville in last night's rearranged first-round contest.
Bury had taken the lead after 13 minutes when Sam Reed's chip was headed home by Lee Smith. Marcus Garnham then saved well from Gary Holloway following a free kick.
The hosts equalised after 27 minutes when Craig Watkins scored from a quickly-taken free kick before Bury had arranged their defensive wall. Bury missed a great chance to regain the lead when Lee Reed missed a free header at the far post.
In the 48th minute Havant took the lead when Watkins got clear to fire past Garnham. On 56 minutes they scored their third when Watkins again got clear to complete his hat-trick.
Only a great save by Garnham prevented Watkins scoring a fourth although Bury fought back and Scriven made a fine save to deny Lee Smith.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire