Bury draw despite advantages
Ryman League Division One NorthIlford FC 1 Bury Town 1A frustrated Bury threw away two points as they allowed the nine men of Ilford to equalise deep into stoppage time.
Ryman League Division One North
Ilford FC 1
Bury Town 1
A frustrated Bury threw away two points as they allowed the nine men of Ilford to equalise deep into stoppage time.
You may also want to watch:
After a goalless first half in which both sides created opportunities, the second period started with Wray making a fine save to deny Steve Bugg.
At the other end Danny Clarke should have given Ilford the lead, but Goody saved well at his feet.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
From his clearance Bury broke clear, and Bugg was on hand to head them into the lead in the 62nd minute.
In the last 15 minutes things became a little heated and Ilford were reduced to 10 men when, amid some confusion, substitute Jermaine Hughes was sent off after an altercation with Michael Steward.
They were further depleted when, in the final minute of normal time, Andy Purcell was dismissed for a second yellow card for abusive language.
Ilford still took the game to Bury, and, in the fifth minute of stoppage time, got their reward when the ever-dangerous Hammond outpaced a sluggish Bury defence and expertly lobbed over Goody to give the Essex side a share of the spoils.