Bury Town hold on for point at Brentwood
Bostik North Brentwood Town 1 Bury Town 1 Bury Town picked up another point on their travels but had to hold on at the end to secure another draw, writes John Alcock.
Bury played well in spells throughout the game especially during the first half.
On 10 minutes Ryan Jolland made some space for himself on the edge of the box but his shot was blocked by two defenders.
Two minutes later Jake Kerins put a good cross in for Cemal Ramadan who put his shot just too high as it went over the bar. On 23 minutes Kojo Apenteng hit a well-placed curling effort on goal, but Luis Tibbles got a hand to it to direct the ball out of play.
Ollie Fenn tried a cheeky chip over the defence on 28 minutes with Ollie Hughes waiting to pounce but more solid defending cleared the danger for Brentwood.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes had an opportunity for Bury two minutes before the break, picking up the ball on the edge of the box and hitting a powerful shot which forced an excellent save from Pellin.
On 54 minutes Bury took the lead. A ball over the defence found Ryley Scott unmarked, and with just the keeper to beat Scott hit a solid strike which was saved, but the rebound fell kindly for Fenn on the follow up.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Three quick substitutions for Brentwood freshened things up for the home side and Bury saw less of the ball for the remainder of the game.
On 67 minutes Brentwood should have pulled level with Ryan Mallett in space in the box but his scuffed effort was an easy collection for Tibbles.
Bury were looking tired during the last 15 minutes and started to sit back.
Brentwood never stopped pressing forward and got their reward on 86 minutes with a great low shot from Albert Levett which went under Tibbles’ outstretched hand and into the bottom corner.
Bury were holding on as the game came to an end, but the Blues held on to take a point.