Bury hold strong Histon side
Pre-Season FriendlyBury Town 0 Histon 0BURY Town held a virtually full strength Histon side to a very creditable goalless draw in this hastily arranged match on Thursday.
Bury Town 0 Histon 0
BURY Town held a virtually full strength Histon side to a very creditable goalless draw in this hastily arranged match on Thursday.
The visitors started well and Jamie Parker went close in the second minute, but Bury came back strongly and put in some dangerous crosses before Sam Reed went close following Andrew Tidswell's lay off.
Possession was evenly shared with neither keeper being seriously troubled. Histon did start to take control as the half progressed, but were unable to create many clear chances, although Marcus Garnham was forced into a good save from Lee Roach.
For Bury, Ben Coker fired just over in the 38th minute.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 6 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 7 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
Histon continued to press but were unable to further trouble Garnham and Bury often looked dangerous on the break.
The second half started with Histon still having more of the play but finding it difficult to make it count. Bury again fought back and Michael Steward and Andrew Tidswell both had efforts on target, while Scott Chaplin came close with a shot that went just wide.
Chances then became few and far between as defences took control for the remainder of the game and a daw was a fair result in what had been a useful work out for both sides
Bury: Marcus Garnham (Frank Gammon 75), Sam Nunn (Tom Hardwick 75), Ashley Sloots, Tom Bullard (Elliot Hunter 60), Gavin Johnson, Ross Kelly (Michael Steward 46), Lee Smith, Callum Kearns, Sam Reed (Scott Chaplin 46), Andrew Tidswell, Ben Coker (Craig Nurse 64), Sam Reed (Scott Chaplin 46).