Bury land former Ipswich striker Logan
BURY Town have completed a major coup by securing the services of striker Richard Logan for the next six weeks.
The experienced Logan, a former Ipswich Town trainee, has been de-registered by current club Wycombe Wanderers, to allow him to play elsewhere.
As a result, Logan has agreed to play for Bury, his home-town club, at least until the turn of the year.
Logan is set make his Bury debut at Witham Town in a Ryman League Cup tie tomorrow evening.
Manager Richard Wilkins revealed yesterday: “It has all happened fairly quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“It hasn’t worked out for Richard at Wycombe. He still has another year left on his current contract, but he’s now free to play for a team from outside the Football League, because of the rules, until January 1.
“When we heard about it, we approached him and he is keen to help us out over the next six weeks, and then see where it goes.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
“Richard will obviously add something to our squad, especially a bit more experience up front, which might have made a difference in a game like Saturday (3-1 defeat at Margate), when a couple of his goals would have won us the game.
“Richard will give us a boost, and I will probably start with him (at Witham) and take him off later in the game. He hasn’t played that many games recently, but he is fit.
“The deal was a no-brainer really,” added Wilkins.
Logan was on Ipswich Town’s professional books from 1998 to 2003, during which time he made just five first-team appearances, all of them as a substitute.
He had loan spells at Cambridge United, Torquay, Boston and Peterborough, before completing a permanent move to Peterborough in 2003.
Logan played 83 league games for Posh, but it was at Exeter City where he made his big impact, scoring 47 goals in 193 league outings for the Grecians.
He signed for League Two strugglers Wycombe over the summer, but has failed to score in eight league games.
His last outing for Wycombe was a 4-1 defeat at Crewe a fortnight ago.