Bury progress into Suffolk Premier Cup semi-finals after win over Woodbridge Town
- Credit: Archant
Bury Town overcame Woodbridge Town 5-1 at Notcutts Park last night to progress into the semi-finals of the Suffolk Premier Cup.
Billy Clark and Ryan Semple both scored twice as the Blues comfortably overcame their Thurlow Nunn opposition with Jack Higgs also finding the net.
They will now face either Leiston, Needham Market or Felixstowe & Walton in the final four of the competition with the draw set to be made later this month.
Meanwhile, in the Red Insure Cup, Hadleigh United overcame the challenge of Ipswich Wanderers last night with a enthralling 5-3 win to advance into the quarter-finals.
Hadleigh came from behind three times to take the game into extra-time and eventually ran out winners.
You may also want to watch:
They will now face Newmarket Town in the quarter-finals of the competition which are set to be played on January 28 and 29.
The other last-eight ties are as follows: AFC Sudbury reserves v Brantham, Kirkley & Pakefield v Felixstowe & Walton and Norwich United v Ely City.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill