Bury Saints crushed at home by Bristol Aztecs
- Credit: Archant
BAFA Premiership South Bury Saints 0 Bristol Aztecs 35 The Bury Saints have fallen on hard times recently after starting the season with such high hopes and promise.
The Saints once again struggled on offence, with a few bright sparks to happen on drives, only for a penalty or turnover to stall the drive.
The Aztecs, on the other hand, were able to get a few early scores on the Saints who allowed players to get behind coverage for big gains.
The Saints’ defence did start to buckle down but were only able to hold on for so long.
The closest the home side came to scoring was on a blocked Rob Giles’ field goal attempt.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Christian Cantrill said: “This is a tough pill to swallow, but we know at this level you have to make your chances count and you can’t give teams at this level extra chances that they can take advantage of.
“We will learn from our mistakes and keep grinding, we have two games left in the season and can finish strong starting with Farnham away in two weeks.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed