Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club make Yasin Brown their first signing of the summer
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club have made their first signing of the off season, with the club promising several more new faces over the summer.
The Haberden outfit have secured the services of Irish qualified player Yasin Brown for the 2017/18 season.
Brown, from County Limerick in Ireland, plays at No 8, flanker or lock.
His previous clubs are Olympique de Besanco in France, Cork Constitution RFC and Belfast RFC. Brown has also has been with Canterbury’s International High Performance Unit in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Terry Sands, the club’s performance director, said: “Yasin will join the club on 1st July and is the first of several overseas signings for 2017/18 season.”
You may also want to watch:
Bury are Suffolk’s highest-ranked rugby side, playing before big crowds in National League Two South.
The club also just appointed Irish rugby legend Kevin Maggs as their new pro-am rugby director.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week