Bury St Edmunds Rugby club sign former Ospreys, London Irish and London Welsh front row
- Credit: Archant
National 2 outfit Bury St Edmunds have completed the signing of former Ospreys front row, Cai Griffiths.
Griffiths signs from the Welsh professional side, having previously represented London Irish and London Welsh in the Premiership.
“Cai is a major signing for the Club as he is someone that will bring a wealth of experience to the team both on the pitch and at training”, said Terry Sands, Bury Rugby’s Pro AM Performance Director.
“We invited Cai to visit the club to see for himself what we are all about at Bury and he was suitably impressed, which ultimately led to him signing on the dotted line.
“He has a wealth of experience under his belt which is exactly what we need at this stage of our development. He will be a great asset, both as a talented player and as a coach.”
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old won the Magners League three times during his time at Ospreys, where he played 135 times. He has also played for the Barbarians and represented Wales at U18s, U19s, U21s and youth levels.
He is currently taking his level 3 Coaching certificate and will join the club as a player/coach with full responsibility for coaching the 1XV forwards.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Griffiths added: “I am delighted to be taking up this role at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club, where I feel I can add value to an already impressive set up both on the pitch and off it.
“I’m certainly looking forward to sharing my knowledge on the coaching side with what I believe to be a talented group of players.
“I have visited the club on a few occasions now and have been thoroughly impressed with what I have seen.
“Bury are clearly a club that has a sound footing with a clear vison of what they want to achieve over the next few seasons and I’m very keen to be a part of their progress”