Bury Town handed another home draw in FA Cup
BURY Town are the only Suffolk or Essex side to be handed a home draw in the FA Cup third qualifying round draw made today.
Bury, whose previous two ties in this season’s competition have also been at home, will face Hampton & Richmond Borough at Ram Meadow on Saturday, October 6.
Fellow Ryman League Premier Division side Lowestoft Town have been drawn away to St Albans while Chelmsford City must travel to Cray Wanderers.
If Maldon & Tiptree, who drew 1-1 at Brentwood Town on Saturday, win the replay they will travel to South Park or Harefield United in the next round.
Badshot Lea, who defeated Leiston 4-2 on Saturday, will be away to Chippenham Town.
You may also want to watch:
Winners of the third qualifying round ties will pocket �7,500 each.
FA Cup Third qualifying round draw (selected ties): Bury Town v Hampton & Richmond Borough, Cambridge City v Billericay Town, Chippenham Town v Badshot Lea, Cray Wanderers v Chelmsford City, Dereham Town v Metropolitan Police, Histon v Corby Town, St Albans v Lowestoft Town, South Park or Harefield Utd v Brentwood Town or Maldon & Tiptree. Ties to be played on Saturday, October 6.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 9 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections