Bury Town held to stalemate with Hampton & Richmond
- Credit: Archant
Bury hosted Hampton and Richmond Borough in a generally disappointing game with both sides giving the ball away too easily and not looking like breaking the deadlock.
A quiet opening provided little in the way of goalmouth action and no clear chances as defences took control.
Bury came closest on 15 minutes when a John Sands header was brilliantly tipped over by Rodney Chiweshe.
Hampton and Richmond then came more into the game and Joe Turner hit the foot of the Bury post after getting clear on the left.
The visitors continued to press and only two fine saves by Marcus Garnham from Rob Carrick kept the scoresheet blank.
You may also want to watch:
Most of Bury’s spasmodic attacks came down their right flank with Ryan Semple causing problems for the visitors defence.
The visitors started the second half on top but their final ball lacked accuracy and they failed to trouble Garnham. The play became very scrappy with numerous stoppages and little fluency, although Chiweshe did well to save Sand`s stinging drive in a rare Bury attack. As the half progressed Bury pushed forward and the Hampton defence came under some pressure, but they were unable to break through and the game remained scoreless.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 7 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial