Bury Town reach Suffolk Premier Cup final
- Credit: Archant
BURY Town will face Lowestoft Town in the final of the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup for the second season running.
Two goals from John Sands saw Bury overcome Leiston, who led through a Rhys Henry strike, 2-1 in last night’s semi-final at Needham Market.
Henry pounced on a half clearance from a free-kick to fire low into the bottom corner to put Leiston ahead on the half hour.
Their lead only lasted three minutes as Sands, unmarked at the far post, rammed home the equaliser from close range from Sam Reed’s left-wing delivery.
Sands struck again seven minutes into the second half, sending a low shot into the bottom far corner after picking up the ball in the inside left channel and advancing before shooting from outside the area.
You may also want to watch:
Bury deserved their victory and so join Lowestoft, who defeated Ipswich Town in the other semi-final, in the showpiece final at Portman Road on a date to be arranged. Lowestoft won last year’s final 4-2.
The Two Ryman League Premier Division sides still have to meet twice in the league and could also yet meet in the end-of-season play-offs.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
For a full report and photographs see today’s EADT and Ipswich Star.