Leiston and Needham Market hoping to continue their winning starts
- Credit: Archant
Both Leiston and Needham Market kicked-off their new seasons in the Eko-Stik Southern League Premier Central with impressive victories on Saturday, and they will be looking to maintain their good starts tomorrow evening.
Fresh from a 2-0 home win over Coalville Town, Glenn Driver’s LEISTON travel to Royston Town tonight. Christy Finch and Chris Henderson were both on target against Coalville.
Royston, nicknamed the Crows, began their campaign with a goalless draw at Alvechurch.
Likewise, Richard Wilkins’ NEEDHAM MARKET, who thumped Bedworth United 4-0 away on Saturday, will be gunning for a further three points at home to Hitchin Town.
Summer recruit Joe Marsden netted a brace against Bedworth, after Keiran Morphew had broken the deadlock. There was also an own goal from home defender Delroy Gordon.
Hitchin were beaten 1-0 at home by Kettering Town in their opening day clash, Rhys Hoenes scoring the only goal of the game in the 22nd minute in front of a good crowd of 471.
LOWESTOFT TOWN also enjoy home advantage in the same division. They entertain St Ives Town.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 3 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 4 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 5 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 6 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 7 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
- 8 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 9 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
Meanwhile, in the Bostik (Isthmian) Premier, BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT host their first home game of the season, against Haringey Borough tomorrow evening.
The R’s were 3-2 winners at Kingstonian on Saturday, thanks to a brace of goals from Harvey Hood and a second-half strike by Billy Hunt.
There are several replays in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup tomorrow evening.
WOODBRIDGE TOWN travel to Clapton, after the two sides shared a 2-2 draw in Suffolk. The Woodpeckers rallied from 2-0 down to force a replay, George Bowman scoring an injury-time equaliser via a free-kick.
FC CLACTON are at home to KIRKLEY & PAKEFIELD (game being played at Holland FC).
WHITTON UNITED entertain FRAMLINGHAM TOWN, following a 1-1 draw at Badingham Road on Saturday. The winners will face Basildon United.