Busy night of non-league as Leiston and Ipswich Wanderers secure stunning wins
Ten-man Braintree Town slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Maidstone United in the Conference Premier on Tuesday night, Bobby-Joe Taylor scoring twice in the first half.
Joe Maybanks scored a late consolation after Jon Ashton had been sent off for Iron.
In Conference South, Chelmsford lost 2-1 at St Albans.
In Ryman Premier, Leiston came from 2-1 down as they entered the 90th minute, to win 3-2 at Canvey Island.
Byron Lawrence equalised for the Suffolk side on 84 minutes, only for Jack Simmons to grab his second goal of the night a minute later to give the hosts the lead.
You may also want to watch:
However, Tom Bullard and then Lawrence with his second gave Leiston the points.
Needham Market earned a 1-1 draw at Lowestoft Town, Luke Ingram’s goal cancelled out by Jamie Forshaw.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 7 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
In Ryman North, Bury Town won 3-2 at Witham.
Nathan Koranteng put Witham into the lead but Josh Mayhew and Ollie Hughes fired Bury ahead.
Mayhew then grabbed his second, before Koranteng pulled a goal back.
Heybridge beat Great Wakering 2-1, Brightlingsea enjoyed a 2-0 victory over VCD and Maldon & Tiptree lost 2-0 at Norwich United.
In the Thurlow Nunn Premier, two Ollie Mann goals saw hosts Brantham defeat Felixstowe & Walton United 2-0, while Hadleigh and Haverhill drew 0-0.
Ipswich Wanderers emerged 4-3 winners from FC Clacton.
Wanderers went ahead through Ben Deacon (16) but Paul Hillier (20) equalised.
George Mrozek put Wanderers back in front but Clacton levelled through Kevin Coyle’s penalty.
Deacon scored his second on 75 minutes to put Wanderers, but Adam Daniels hit back immediately for Clacton. However, Jack Severy struck late to win it for Wanderers.
Mildenhall beat Walsham-le-Willows 2-0 and a David Lorimer hat-trick saw Long Melford defeat Saffron Walden 3-2.