Cambridge City III 3 IES 0
Division 2NCambridge City III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk 0Ipswich East Suffolk were made to pay for poor defending for the second week running at Cambridge City II.
Cambridge City III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk 0
Ipswich East Suffolk were made to pay for poor defending for the second week running at Cambridge City II.
Within five minutes the visitors were two down, both goals coming from play down the IES right with lack of communication from goalkeeper to his defence meaning a mix up for both efforts.
You may also want to watch:
IES were shaken and responded with some good attacking hockey but fell further behind near the end of the first half as the Cambridge City forward was allowed space to pivot and shoot past Lane into the back of the net.
The interval meant a wake up call and changes were made in formation and personnel.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
Switching to 3-5-2, IES looked more comfortable and swamped the Cambridge midfield well, nullifying their attacking options and the visitors were allowed more space to have a few attempts on goal, mainly through penalty corners.
A goalless second half meant that IES lost 3-0, but they can take this effort as a solitary good point from an altogether poor display.
IES face local rivals Sudbury next week at the Copleston Centre, 1pm start.