Cameron Wade enjoys good victory
Lowestoft ABC’s Cameron Wade, 13, earned a superb victory against George “The Rocket” Stephenson of Billericay at the Dereham ABC show.
Stephenson immediately tried to put Wade into orbit with a relentless burst of punches and, along with a slight height and reach advantage, this made it difficult for Wade to get into his stride.
However, Wade quickly found gaps in Stephenson’s defences in round two and punished him with accurate jabs and stinging back hands. This earned him the round.
The third and final round saw Wade struggle to get into any sort of rhythm as the Billericay lad kept coming forward and smothering his work, but Wade remained in control, keeping it simple and landing more accurate and scoring shots that proved enough for him to take a majority-points win.
Senior Ben Evans, took on Danny Camilleri of Aylsham ABC and bossed the centre ring from the off.
You may also want to watch:
After taking the first round, Evans lost the second, before the crowd were treated to a great final round with Camilleri taking a narrow victory.
Lee Casey, 15, took part in a skills bout against Dereham’s Micky Chapman.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house