Capel Plough mourn death of ‘Big Jack’ Riches
CAPEL Plough are mourning the death of founder member and former manager ‘Big Jack’ Riches.
Riches, real name Malcolm Riches, passed away on Saturday, December 29.
The 61-year-old, who lived at Great Wenham, virtually started the club single-handedly in the early 1970s and played for a few years before he managed both the Saturday and Sunday sides, achieving considerable success in the Licensed Trades League.
As manager of the Sunday side he took the team to the semi-final of the National Cup in the 1990s and was still heavily involved up until his death, running the veterans’ side with Archie Arnold.
His funeral will take place at Seven Hills Crematorium, Nacton on Friday, January 11, at 4.30pm, with the wake following at Capel Plough FC.
You may also want to watch:
Any donations should be made to the British Heart Foundation.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour