Capel Plough upset at Ransomes boss’ comments
CAPEL Plough will surely get rid of their bridesmaid tag before too long.
Tuesday’s SIL Omnico Cup 2-1 defeat to Ransomes follows their Suffolk Senior Cup defeat at Portman Road to Team Bury, and two second and one third place Senior Division finishes in recent campaigns.
They have established themselves as a top club in Suffolk – and often against considerable odds.
And secretary Bob Morrison was upset at comments made by Ransomes manager Peter Gorham before Tuesday’s game at Woodbridge Town.
“We’re all disgusted with his comments,” said Morrison. “To say that he left players out of last Saturday’s league game between us to save his players from being kicked was out of order.
“Maybe we are a physical side but no more than half the sides in the Senior Division and we do get stuck in.
“No one has an easy game against us. But we are not a dirty side.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Barrow replay on ITV... winners will travel to Barnsley
“Yes we had a player sent off on Tuesday and have no complaints about that and our cautions are up on last season.
“But Mr Gorham’s comments were over the top.
“We have no problem with Ransomes and the two clubs get on well at committee and player level.”